For a century now, the HESS name has been synonymous with the highest-quality craftsmanship.
|Cannon Road Elementary School
Montgomery County Public Schools
Silver Spring, MD
|Harry J. Parrish Hall, Manassas Campus
Northern Virginia Community College
|Community Aquatic and Recreation Complex
Last week in our Company Spotlight blog series, we featured a company-wide deployment with Consigli Construction Co., Inc. This week we’re spotlighting HESS Construction + Engineering Services, with offices in Richmond, VA and Gaithersburg, MD. HESS manages the planning, design, and construction of learning institutions. Included within HESS’ portfolio are colleges and universities, primary and secondary schools, training centers, fine arts spaces, athletic facilities and laboratories located throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. From the renovation of widely recognized landmarks, to award winning higher education buildings, the foundation of HESS’ work is their solid relationships with their clients who rely time and again on their experience, financial strength and expertise to make their vision a reality.
“Fred G. Hess and Sons, founded in 1914, established the family’s reputation for quality workmanship and customer service. For a century now, the HESS name has been synonymous with the highest-quality craftsmanship. Continuing these core values today, HESS is leveraging Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), coupled with field management practices that include iPads in the field and cloud computing, to manage, measure, and improve quality, safety, and commissioning across all projects, as a company best practice – enhancing the company’s reputation for quality workmanship and customer service, and sustaining a competitive advantage.”
—Andrew D. Hess, President & CEO, HESS
HESS adopted Vela Field Management (VFM) software across all projects to:
- Utilize Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), as part of a Field BIM program, throughout the building life-cycle including construction to handover to operations.
- Ensure the highest-quality craftsmanship with a detail orientation, through a company-wide field management program for quality, as part of the core values of HESS since its founding in 1914.
- Prevent injuries, incidents and accidents through sound, reasonable and proactive safety practices, with best-in-class construction practices and a culture of safety-consciousness at every level of the organization.
- Improve systems performance and building function by collaborating continuously with the Owner’s Project Team and the HESS commissioning agent, part of a field management program for commissioning.
- Drive customer service, client satisfaction, and client retention, to delivery work on time and within budget, and with quality in conformance to the contract requirements the first time, defect free and without rework.
Stay tuned for another Vela Company Spotlight…