Last week in our Company Spotlight blog series, we featured a company-wide deployment with HESS Construction + Engineering Services, with offices in Richmond, VA and Gaithersburg, MD. HESS Construction + Engineering Services manages the planning, design, building and improvement of innovative learning institutions.
This week, we’re spotlighting Clancy & Theys Construction Company, a general contractor and construction manager. The company builds commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings, and specializes in team approaches to design and construction including Construction Management-at-Risk, Team-Build and Partnering. Clancy & Theys Construction Company is headquartered in Raleigh, N.C. and has division offices in Newport News, Va.; Wilmington, N.C.; Charlotte, N.C.; and Orlando, Fla.
Noteworthy 2011 rankings for Clancy & Theys Construction Company include:
Business North Carolina
- 21st largest North Carolina Private Corporation
Engineering News-Record (ENR)
- 76th largest Green Contractor
- 95th largest Construction Manager at-Risk
- 211th largest U.S. General Contractor
Building Design + Construction (BD+C)
- 53rd largest U.S. Contractor
- 45th largest BIM Contractor
- 46th largest Green Contractor
- 8th largest contractor for Cultural projects
- 27th largest Multi-Family Contractor
- 31st largest Office Contractor
- 39th largest Contractor of Hotels, Motels, and Convention Centers
- 54th largest Commercial Contractor
“Clancy & Theys was founded in Raleigh, North Carolina in 1949 by brothers-in-law E.I. Clancy and John Theys. The company’s reputation was built by taking on demanding projects, and by holding to traditional values of fairness, integrity, and superior workmanship. During the last 10 years, the company has maintained a mix of public and private contracts, and emerged as one of the nation’s largest providers of Construction Manager at-Risk services and Green/LEED construction projects.
Clancy & Theys has embraced Vela Field Management to become even more nimble and responsive in its communication from the field and the point of construction. We use it to promote systematic approaches to quality, safety, and commissioning. It has been an enormous benefit in promoting collaboration and managed communication with all of our project stakeholders. Vela Field Management programs also mesh with BIM to help drive superior workmanship and efficient coordination. It has quickly become an essential tool for us. ”
--Scott Cutler, Vice President, Clancy & Theys Construction Company
Unlocking new efficiencies in field management programs and processes, such as quality (QA/QC), safety, transmission of documents and RFIs, commissioning, handover, and BIM on the job site, Clancy & Theys Construction Company adopted Vela Field Management (VFM) software company-wide to:
- Deliver demanding projects successfully, efficiently and profitably, on time, within budget, and to the contracted level of quality with superior workmanship, through a field management program for quality.
- Share critical field information from the job site to the job trailer and the home office, with project partners, team members, and trade contractors, in a collaborative approach as part of team-based delivery systems.
- Ensure fair and competitive pricing amidst increasing market demands and owner requirements, by gaining new efficiencies from the field.
- Gain real-time visibility into company, project, team and trade partner performance through dashboard analytics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), to improve decision-making from the office to the jobsite.
- Drive quality and safety standards of care across all projects to optimize delivery, minimize risk, and prevent construction defects and safety incidents.
Stay tuned for another Vela Company Spotlight…