Last week in our Company Spotlight blog series, we featured customer Current Builders, headquartered in Florida and based primarily in the southeast. This week, we’re highlighting a company-wide deployment with BOND, a northeast contractor based in Everett, MA and New Haven, CT. BOND is the northeast region’s premier, full-service construction management and general contracting company that offers coordinated building, self-performing C&U, and FAM capabilities.
“At BOND, in order to provide highly coordinated solutions and to continually improve client service, we implemented a field management program for quality as a standard operating procedure and as a corporate best practice. As a company-wide solution, Vela helps to drive our company-wide focus on quality and our commitment to client service, across each of our three business divisions of building construction, civil and utility construction, and facilities asset management services.”
-- Edward A. Bond, Jr., CEO, BOND
The most successful companies are those guided by a set of values and principles shared by all employees. At BOND, values and principles shared by all employees are: respect, trust, a desire to build long-term relationships, a company-wide focus on quality, safety and sustainability, and an unyielding commitment to client service. BOND utilizes leading construction management tools and technologies on all projects to provide highly coordinated solutions and to continually improve client service.
Why did BOND implement field management for quality company-wide?
Unlocking new efficiencies in field management programs and processes, such as quality (QA/QC), documents to the field, commissioning (Cx), handover, and Field BIM, BOND adopted Vela Field Management (VFM) software company-wide to:
- Deliver quality work the first time, based on time-honored values, a strong commitment to corporate and personal ethics, and over a century of history, providing superior construction services in the northeast.
- Drive a quality management program with standard operating procedures (SOPs), across BOND’s three divisions of building construction, civil and utility construction, and facilities asset management services.
- Provide highly coordinated and client-specific quality solutions, as part of the BOND’s core philosophy to achieve success based on the unique needs of each client and of each project, and not on BOND’s needs.
- Gain visibility into project stakeholder, team partner, and trade contractor performance and status, to ensure project delivery on time, within budget, and to the specified and contracted level of quality.
- Continually improve client service, retain existing clients, and win new projects, as part of a measured and managed quality cycle, from BOND’s home office to each business division to the field and back.
Since 1907 BOND has been involved in some of the region’s most high-profile vertical and horizontal construction projects. With two distinct groups, operating as Construction Managers for academic and healthcare clients, and self-performing General Contractors for the power and energy industry, BOND is well known for delivering reliable, safe, and high quality work. The Building Division has completed high profile projects such as Harvard University’s Northwest Labs, MIT’s famed Media Lab in Cambridge and the AstraZeneca Hope Lodge for the American Cancer Society in Boston; while the Civil & Utility Division has successfully completed two of the largest regional underground high-voltage electrical transmission line projects in New England’s history.
Stay tuned for another Vela Company Spotlight…